Friday, February 6th, 2015
No one has imagined us. We want to live like trees, Sycamores blazing through the sulfuric air, dappled with scars, still exuberantly budding, our animal passion rooted in the city.”
-Adrienne Rich from her book, The Dream Of A Common Language
- What thoughts come to you when you read the above quote?
- Turn to your journal or notebook and capture your thoughts.
- Choose a line or a few of the words from the poem and use as a writing prompt
- If you lived like a tree … “How would your life be different to how it is now?”
- Right now in your life -“What would you like to be blazing through the air with …?”